Sunday, October 22, 2006

AADD for me

Several years ago, 8 to be exact now that I've checked with my wife, I had a stroke. It was a mild one. Nothing really bad happened. No drooling, no loss of functions to speak of, but I had some co-ordination problems. After working through them with my own therapy, I'm about 90% okay. The problem arose, though, that AADD developed to a small extent. Mistakes occurred usually over little details. Memory loss of what I was thinking of doing (like now, when we got back from the store I was going to ask our neighbor about helping me put up awnings -- he's a contractor -- and didn't do it because I just flat forgot). There are other small bits of loss, but they are, in general not debilitating. NOW, to the story below. Anyone familiar with ADD or AADD knows that part of the symptoms is a time when things go through your brain so fast you will lose connection with the important things. Like the awning business above. However, as a writer, that's not all bad. These ideas and dreams, as it were, will give me thoughts of about something to write. The other day, my dreams were interrupted by the following story. It seemed very real at the time. I was deeply asleep and woke just at the end, where the story ends. This is not all bad, but it does disconcert me as I can often remember bits and pieces. The way you remember a dream is to repeat aloud as soon as you wake. I woke, went into the living room, and talked about it. Two days later it was still real and in my mind. So, no loss there.
Here's my story of my friend Bob and me as we were in my dream.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kingsugar said...

Hugs. I tried. Not much I can do except write a whole new story. I might even do that. Sounds like fun to a guy who spends time writing.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home